Friday, October 1, 2010

Tamata Soup

Now i know i'm late with this posting. I should have had this recipe out way back when everyone had tomatoes up the wazoo, not at the end of the season. So sorry. This recipe is not one of my own, however, i have changed and modified it so much (even the name)that in my own mind, i belive it is. Thats my story and i'm stickin to it. Anyway it is one of my favorites and i wanted to share it with you.

Tamata Soup
6 large tamatas, peeled and diced. i don't bother removing the seeds, but you can if you want.
1 small onion, chopped
1 32oz. carton chicken stock
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 1/4c. powdered creamer, yes i said powdered. that way it doesn't curdle.

In your soup pot put the oil and saute your onion til soft. Add your tamatas, chicken stock, and garlic. Simmer about 10 minutes til nice and warm then add yer creamer. Find a cozy chair, throw a little afgan over your lap and enjoy. Best homeade tamata soup i ever had!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I love tomato soup and I love powdered creamer - prefer it to the real stuff in my coffee. I'll have to try this recipe - thanks!

    ReplyDelete