Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nesting

I wish to CLEARLY start off by stating that i am not expecting! It's just that, like most, I start to feel this way during these dreary, cold months. I put things away, dust (which doesn't happen nearly as often as it should), re-arrange, and then re-arrange again. I dream of having a few extra hours (even one would be nice!), to clean a cupboard and get organized. "Little steps", I tell myself. Little steps.....
When we moved in to our current home almost ten years ago, we opened the sliding glass door to the patio, and a momma robin darted away. As it turned out, she had made her nest right on top of the electrical meter just inches away from the door. All spring we had to be very careful until all of the babies flew away. I even left the nest all winter because, not being up on my birds, had no idea if she would return in the spring. Alas, she did not, so i confiscated the nest for decorating purposes. (not the eggs, they are from the craft store).
"A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song".--Chinese Proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment