Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day



My son wanted a special dinner with his girlfriend this evening, so I set out to create a little table scape for them. I had to use things that i had from around the house as there was no time to shop. You will notice the cute little milk white candy dish from a couple of days ago. Of course i always have candles and votives in abundance. This is the first time i have used the tall silver holder though. I have two, they were a steal i found at a yard sale last summer. Even the silverware came from a garage sale!

Notice the little cow in the tub of bubbles? Isn't she precious? She is from Enesco from many years back. The underside reads "Bubbling Over With Love for You". Everything here is sitting on Susan Branch's "LOVE" book. I just adore her whimsical art and prose.

The entire grouping sits atop my Grandmothers library table. She has been gone now for twenty years, and never got to meet any of my children, but I know she would think this is just grand!

"Love is the irresistible desire to be desired irresistibly"--Louis Ginsberg
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment