Saturday, February 5, 2011

Heaven on a Bun

Yes, my dears, it really is that good.
After foraging thru the cupboards i found i only had the ingredients for The Pioneer Womans Basic Drip Beef recipe. It was so good, i will definately try the Italian one next time. I did make just a couple adjustments to the recipe (including the name), so here it is:
Yummy Shredded Beef
1- 2.5 to 4 lb. chuck roast
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 large onion, sliced thick
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 c. cooking Sherry
2 1/2 c. water
3 beef bullion cubes
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in your stock pot, add onions. Cook till tender. Slap yer roast right on top. I mixed everything else up in a bowl, then poured it over the top. Put the lid on and throw it in the oven for 1 hr. then decrease your oven temp to 250 degrees and leave it in there another 4-5 hrs. Do not even lift the lid. I kid you not. this thing is so tender and easy to shred that it almost falls apart just looking at it.
I served mine on hoggie buns with melted swiss on top.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so good...I like the addition of the soy sauce and sherry! Yummy and I have chuck roast sitting in my freezer.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Connie, This does sound like a good recipe!! I love the picture on your header! You have a cute blog too, I think I'll follow along if ya don't mind. Milbank huh! We're in central SD and fighting a lot of snow this winter! Isn't blogging fun! Glad you found us!

    ReplyDelete