Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Already Baking Again...

Posted by Picasa
Yes, it's only four days post Christmas and the goodies are gone. With all we had, i never would have imagined that! However, i sent some home with the oldest son, the younger son had other young men over, and waa-laa! Gone!!! These Chocolate Chip bars are so easy and good i thought i would share them with you!
Chocolate Chip Bars
1 c. softened butter
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 pinch of salt
1 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together the butter, vanilla, br.sugar, and egg. Stir in the flour and salt. Then mix the choc. chips in. Press into a prepared 9x13 pan and bake for 20 minutes or till edges start to brown (do not over-bake!). I use semi sweet chips but any will do, even butterscotch. I have even made them with Heath Baking pieces. Yum Yum!

2 comments:

  1. My family loves these too. I like them as well because they're so much easier than cookies. It is cold and rainy here. Boy, would one of your warm chocolate chip bars taste good right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My...do those look good, I can almost smell them. Because I am alone I am surrounded by a pile of left over Christmas goodies. If I ate them all I would probably weigh 300 pounds. (-: But there is nothing better than fresh cookies! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete